Friday, June 29, 2012

BUMPdate: 38 weeks, "He's just a little fellar"


Hubbs and I had our weekly visit on Wednesday:
 1.) Baby Boy's estimated gypsy weight is 6lbs 3 ozs, (I say gypsy weight because ultrasounds are not  scales, they are more like crystal balls)
 2.) He is currently measuring the size of a 35 and 1/2 week baby (He's just a little guy)
 3.) I have A LOT of amniotic fluid
 4.) HE HAS HAIR!!!! Praise the Lord this heartburn has not been in vain
 5.) He is FOR SURE head down
 6.) He is FOR SURE still a boy
 7.) Tests confirm that I indeed DO NOT have "Strep in My Butthole". You can thank the husband for that phrase. He's hilarious, really. In other words {more accurate ones} my GBS test came back negative so I will need no antibiotics once labor begins, nor will I initially be required to spend an extra 24 hours in the hospital. Hubbs likes to joke and sometimes he's pretty dang funny.
My cubicle DOES have fresh arrangements to great you. Be jealous. 

Pregnancy Highlights: NO STRETCHMARKS (that any of YOU will ever be allowed to see) and still being able to wear my wedding rings (kinda, my wedding band and engagement ring are different sizes, I may have to only sport the band soon)!!! D-Day is almost here!
How Far Along: 38 weeks, Tuck is considered FULL TERM at this point and can safely arrive at any time, 
Size of baby:  Pumpkin, {I've decided the person who compares babies to different produce has the lamest job on the planet. And possibly, the most inaccurate} around 18.9-20.9 inches long (pretty major range there) Estimated weight of 6lbs 3 ozs 
What is baby up to:  Preparing for his entrance into this great big world; blinking, swallowing, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, gripping. Apparently he already has a strong grip. He's also working hard on his first poo. The sticky, black, tarry one.  
Gained/Lost: Monday morning weigh in revealed I had lost a pound. Go me. Wednesday's doctor visit revealed that I had found said lost pound. Oh well. 
Maternity Clothes: I will NOT take this opportunity to complain about being pregnant and it being 106+ degrees outside. I will ONLY say that the less clothing I have to wear the better, so I apologize if I offend you with my showing skin. It's almost over folks, just bear with me. :)
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: Tucker is head down and his activity level is right back to normal. Although his space is a little more limited he still makes the most of it. 
Sleep:  I wake up every 2 hours almost exactly to use the restroom. I can only sleep on my side with something wedged between my knees and slightly under my expanding mid section. I miss cuddling my husband. 
What I miss:  Good sleep, Relief from air conditioning and painting my own toes when need be. Dressing in super cute little dresses. Trust me, you don't want me to try that right now.  Being the BIG spoon or little spoon with the Hubbs. 
Cravings: Chocolate... cupcakes, milkshakes, candy bars... doesn't matter to me.
Aversions: It's a teensy bit warm outside for a pregger
Symptoms:  Heartburn, Back and hip pain.  Swollen ankles and feet come and go.
Best Moment this week:  My preggy pal Madison got the best surprise ever this week.... This sweet little bundle of PINK!!! World, this is Bethany. She MAY be Tuck's wife one day. 
Are those lips not the most precious things EV ER ????
This makes me very anxious for Tucker man's arrival. My little preggy pals that I have conversed with for the past 9 months have all delivered at this point. I like to think Tucker is just being punctual. Sweet boy, must get that from his Daddy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok--chickadee--you look like you could pop your belly with a pin. Tucker is ready! 38 weeks is still early, right? Have him July 4 and you can have a firecracker baby like my Delaney!!! Then they have a guaranteed party every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Kori, you are ALL baby!!!! He will be here so soon!!

    ReplyDelete