Friday, June 22, 2012

BUMPdate, 37 Weeks: "Houston.. We are go for launch"


We had our 36/37 Week appointment on Wednesday and the results are in:
    1.) The Tuckster is head down and moving into position
    2.) The dreaded GBS Test wasn't bad at all
   3.)  The EVEN MORE dreaded EXAM was a breeze
   4.) No dilation or progression yet, which is ok with this momma. I'm still trying to balance the         
        anxiety vs excitement scale



Pregnancy Highlights: NO STRETCHMARKS and still being able to wear my wedding rings !!! I have made it to full term and not murdered anyone !! 
How Far Along: 37 weeks, Tuck is considered FULL TERM at this point and can safely arrive at any time
Size of baby:  Wintermelon, {I've decided the person who compares babies to different produce has the lamest job on the planet. And possibly, the most inaccurate} around 18.9-20.9 inches long (pretty major range there) 6.2-9.2 lbs (also a very large range) We have an ultrasound next week for a "size estimate", by size estimate I mean, they are basically looking into a crystal ball and making an educate guess. But, I'll take what I can get for sanity's sake. 
What is baby up to:  Preparing for his entrance into this great big world; blinking, swallowing, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, gripping. Apparently he already has a strong grip. He's also working hard on his first poo. The sticky, black, tarry one. 
Gained/Lost: 35lbs gained, I'm proud of this fact, however if anymore where to add one you will not be updated. Thank you for your continued interest however. :)
Maternity Clothes: If it stretches, flows, and breathes I will wear it. You can find me in a pair of basketball shorts and a sports bra most days when I get home. Please call or text before visits :) 
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: Tucker is head down and his activity has slowed down over the past few days. He rolls from side to side still and stretches from time to time. It's funny to watch. 
Sleep:  It happens some. I take advantage when it does.  
What I miss:  Good sleep, Relief from air conditioning and painting my own toes when need be. Dressing in super cute little dresses. Trust me, you don't want me to try that right now.  
Cravings: MILKY WAYS!!!!!!! and Double Stuffed Oreos. Seriously.. Can't get enough...
Aversions: THE HEAT
Symptoms:  Heartburn, Back and hip pain.  Swollen ankles and feet come and go.
Best Moment this week:  Finding out we are for sure head down. Check that off the list. Find out that we get a surprise ultrasound next week. Pretty super jazzed about that. Reading to Tuck each night with the Hubbs. We are LOVING his book collection already!!!

1 comment:

  1. I read to Parker every night too. Unfortunately, I haven't been too good at keeping up with it now that she is here though.

    ReplyDelete