Friday, July 6, 2012

BUMPdate: 39 Weeks, "Are you STILL pregnant ??"


Yes. Yes, I am.
 Today, I am 9 and 3/4 months pregnant. 
39 weeks. 
273 days. 
I have begun to scratch folks off the due date guess list. It's fun. Sorry if you're already out. I promise to still tell you when he gets here. Maybe. ... I kid. 
Doctor update: We are moving south. Tuck knows what he's doing. He's just taking his time. His expected arrival is next Friday, I think he's just being punctual. How polite, right ?? Things are happening according to our exam on Thursday. No dilation yet, but things are "preparing". I'll leave it at that. 
You're welcome. 


Riding Dirty

Pregnancy Highlights: NO STRETCHMARKS (that any of YOU will ever be allowed to see). The rock is off but I can still wear my wedding band. This makes me happy. Every day is one day closer and  my excitement level grows with each passing one. 
How Far Along: 39 weeks, Tuck is considered FULL TERM at this point and can safely arrive at any time, 
Size of baby:  Watermelon and it feels it. He is the size of a newborn baby. He is around 18.9-20.9 inches long (pretty major range there) Estimated weight of 6lbs 3 ozs last week, so add a half pound to that theoretically. 
What is baby up to:  He's flexing his limbs in preparation. It never stops. We may have a real wild child on our hands from the get go. I can't believe how active he still is. He is getting smarter by the week and his fingernails CAN extend past his fingers by now. I hope he doesn't decide to start using those anytime soon. OUCH. 
Gained/Lost: ??? I forgot to look ???
Maternity Clothes: Almost Exclusively. I will NOT take this opportunity to complain about being pregnant and it being 106+ degrees outside. I will ONLY say that the less clothing I have to wear the better, so I apologize if I offend you with my showing skin. It's almost over folks, just bear with me. :)
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: He moves ALL THE TIME
Sleep:  I wake up every 2 hours almost exactly to use the restroom. I can only sleep on my side with something wedged between my knees and slightly under my expanding mid section. I miss cuddling my husband. 
What I miss:  Good sleep, Relief from air conditioning and painting my own toes when need be. Dressing in super cute little dresses. Trust me, you don't want me to try that right now.  Being the BIG spoon or little spoon with the Hubbs.  
Cravings: Water. Water. Water. It's too hot to think about anything else really. Except for chocolate milkshakes. 
Aversions: It's a teensy bit warm outside for a pregger
Symptoms:  Heartburn, Back and hip pain.  Swollen ankles and feet come and go. My watermelon belly is HEAVY !!!!
Best Moment this week:  Finding out that we are making progress for delivery and things are right on schedule. 

2 comments:

  1. Great seeing you today! Lots of prayers going up for your comfort and a safe and quick delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet I'll get to see those stretchmarks ;)

    ReplyDelete