Friday, June 1, 2012

BUMPdate: 34 Weeks, "I didn't sleep good"

By "good" he of course means "well". My husband is a very well educated human being, swear.
"I didn't sleep good. Probably because I was giving birth all night."
This is the statement that Hubbs greeted and farewell-ed me with this morning. I gave him a funny look and he continued with, "I had a dream last night that you called me at work and said you had gone into labor. I rushed to the hospital and was having terrible abdominal pains and then some how gave birth through my belly. When I got to the hospital you had Tucker and I told you I had given birth and you didn't believe me." Folks.. I think my husband may indeed be pregnant as well. Not only has he had most of the cravings, he's also having the weird dreams.


Pregnancy Highlights: Everyday I find myself thankful for being blessed to experience this miracle. God is good. Very good. 
How Far Along: 34 weeks!!
Size of baby: Butternut Squash, around 18-19 inches long, 4.2- 5.8 lbs.
What is baby up to: Tuck can recognize and react to simple songs now. (80's music is pretty simple right??) He also urinates a pint a day! His protective vernix coating is becoming thicker but the lanugo hair is almost gone. He's preparing for his debut!! He should also be assuming delivery position over the remainder of time. He also has long fingernails now. Hopefully he doesn't use these to claw his way out anytime soon.
Gained/Lost: 31 lbs. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the MIL's homemade pimento cheese, the Big SIL's homemade doughnuts and the Lil' SIL's Chocolate Chip Oreo cookies for their contribution in pushing me past the big 3-0 mark. 
Maternity Clothes: If it stretches, flows, and breathes I will wear it. 
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: This little man is a trip! He moves all the time !!!! Looks like we will be having some super fun dance parties !!
Sleep: Comfort is key, that is... when it can be found. 
What I miss: Powering through the day like a champ. I have bursts of energy now that must be taken full advantage of.  
Cravings: Nothing major. Besides the pimento cheese splurge this past weekend.
Aversions: THE HEAT
Symptoms:  Heartburn and bloody gums. Soooo weird
Best Moment this week: It was a 4 day work week! Can't beat those! Hanging curtains and some artwork in the nursery !!!!

2 comments:

  1. You look so stinkin' cute! You are going to be one stylish mama!
    I had problems with my gums too. Mine liked to swell real bad and then when I would brush me teeth, they would some times bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doc always let me have Benadryl for sleep. Take advantage of it, cuz once he's here it will be much rarer! You do look so cute!

    ReplyDelete