Thursday, September 15, 2011

Little Baby.. Big Blessing..

It's Saturday night.. 11 pm(ish) CST.. I'm at Stacy's wedding reception, dancing my booty off and owning the dance floor. I take a break to check my cell phone, because Vanessa had let me know earlier in the week that her pregnancy was nearing the end. She was "progressing" towards delivery. I was a nervous pervis. I just knew that she would go into labor in the middle of the ceremony and I would be so very sad. I digress.. I dig out my phone to find not one but TWO texts.. one from Nessa and one from Lash (her husband) they were at the hospital and things were moving right along. I call and chat them up and decide to leave out first thing Sunday morning to get there hopefully before she does. Lucky for me Sophia looooves her Aunt KK and arrived about 30 or less minutes after I did! She already has me wrapped around her little fingers! Vanessa has been one of my closest friends for about 5 or 6 years now. We've lived together, stood beside each other on our BIG DAYS and now.. I was able to be there as she started the newest chapter of her life.. Motherhood. Sophia Faye is such a blessing and I already love her so very much. And seeing Vanessa become a mother has made me love her even more than I thought was possible.  I've been a big cry baby since Sunday and I blame it on the joy joy joy joy down in my heart. Congratulations Mike and Vanessa Lashlee on your beautiful baby girl !!!!


Sweet face

First night home

Precious

: )


7lbs, 7 ozs, 19 and 3/4 inches long


2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Vanessa! {And congrats Aunt KK!} What a sweet, sweet baby!

    PS: Did you know that Vanessa and I have known each other since we were 6??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT know that !! It's a small world after all :)

    ReplyDelete