Monday, January 9, 2012

Come Sail Away- "Yea, Mon"

Sunday, the 1st, we had a "day at Sea". We spent the day in the (windy) sunshine and attempting to play EXXXXXTREME putt-putt. I use the term EXXXXXTREME because you haven't played putt-putt until you have played it on the top of a cruise ship at full speed ahead. We had to hold ourselves up with our putters (when not in use) and keep our eyes on our golf balls because they would escape and disappear in a swift second....
christmas cruise 029 christmas cruise 028
After dinner that night we decided to check out the karaoke club.. Let me just say that there is NO entertainment better than Karaoke. I speak from experience on both sides of the fence. (Shout out to Spankies, and Karaoke Mondays) First up, we have Pablo. King of the Karaoke. Pablo was so excited to jump into his (single voice) rendition of "Summer Lovin" that he hustled the nice host through his pre-show interview. He was hilarious.. don't believe me.. watch the video. Make sure you enjoy the end when he gets, "riiiiiiipped at the seams".. 
christmas cruise 030
christmas cruise 032
King of Karaoke
christmas cruise 031
Those Summer Nights

Next up we got a little surprise from Tina Turner and the Ikettes. Stripes (the lady wearing stripes) sat at dinner with us through out the cruise and wasn't that talkative to begin with.. that was until we caught this performance and I asked her when her next would be at dinner the following evening. She giggled and opened right on up like a delicate rose. After that we were greeted with the musical stylings of North Carolina. No, I don't remember anyone's real names (except Pablo's). NC (we decided) was a mix of our friends Colt and Cody. (if you know either of them you have a fantastic visual right now) He was flashy and full of energy. He kept the crowd rockin.

christmas cruise 034 christmas cruise 033
Monday was our first port day in Jamaica. Have you ever been to Jamaica ?? Here's a hint.. ride the ship up to this distance, take pictures, ride the bobsleds if you can and get the heck out!!!! Jamaica is a pushy town.. you name it, they've got, and they want you to have it. BIG TIME. 
christmas cruise 036 christmas cruise 035
christmas cruise 038
Jamaican Harbor
christmas cruise 039 christmas cruise 037
christmas cruise 040
I spy some tourists
christmas cruise 042 christmas cruise 041

christmas cruise 043
Hiking our way up to the sky chairs. These took us to the top of Mystical Mountain.
Some views from the lift:
christmas cruise 045 christmas cruise 044
Then it was time to get out  bobsled on. These are not actual trip photos, they are from google because I was holding on for dear life. 

Mystic_Mountain_-_Bobsled_Jamaica_tandem-view_m jamaica-bobsled-jamaican-bobsledding-10
We did do a little shopping in Jamaica and I managed to score a Caribbean Hook Bracelet. I'm a master negotiator! 


Folklore states, "the open end of the hook pointed up toward the heart, your love is taken... the open end of the hook worn down, away from your heart, your love is free"
(or a subtle sign that you are unattached or single).

And THIS is how we spent the rest of the trip. Wrapped in blankets or towels napping to keep from puking. And when I say "we", I mainly mean "me". Word to the preggs.. don't cruise in the first trimester. hahaha. Lesson Learned. One of the uppers of the cruise is unlimited food and soft serve ice cream. Always a plus side. And the Poppa Bear won BIG at some B-I-N-G-O !!
** Due to unfortunate weather conditions we were unable to dock in Grand Cayman. I was a sad sad girl. Mainly because I was looking forward to some solid ground, but also because I knew it would be prettier than Jamaica. Oh well, maybe next time...

christmas cruise 046

This was our last night of the cruise when I started to finally adjust to the motion of the ocean.. just in time to get on a couple of jet planes !! Happy New Year Everybody! 


christmas cruise 047

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I could not imagine being on a cruise through those weeks. I may take a Zofran just thinking about it! The karaoke looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete