Thursday, October 6, 2011

Carter and Cash.. a touch of TN in Charleston..

Day 2 we found ourselves fueling up our bods with some Dunkin Doughnuts and then we headed back downtown.


 We had decided that with my navigation skills and Hubbs' superb driving skills we could manage this feat ourselves today. We made it downtown, found an awesome parking spot and set about on foot on the wonderful town again.
Cute dog huh?

Hubbs thought he was real. Ha Ha


 First stop was tickets for a carriage ride. Our pull team's names were Carter and Cash. It made me smile. Our tour guide Adam was excellent! We rolled through all of Downtown Charleston and got to see all of beautiful architecture. 



Carter and Cash

Waiting for our carriage


Love this Orange Door






Husk Restaurant

The Most Famous Wedding Horse in Charleston

I spy a bride!














After our carriage ride we headed for the Open Air Market. I scored some sweet new scarves and a Christmas ornament to add to our "personal" tree upstairs. That made #3 for this year, we picked one up in Naples back in March on our Family Beach trip, and one at DollyWood on our Anniversary trip. 





I wasn't as impressed with the Market as I thought I would be. This made Hubbs happy because we walked and shopped the whole thing in 30 minutes flat I think. It was teetering close to lunch so that was our next stop. Henry's was our destination. They informed us when we walked in that the rooftop seating was at capacity. Bummer. Luckily we found a table next to an open window that gave us a delightful view of Market Street.


 The food was delish. When it arrived, I slid an empty plate to Drew(he had ordered chicken tenders and fries and I had spinach dip, we had agreed to share)

THIS is what I got.. 

Jerk. It was a great lunch. Once we finished we headed down to the Battery Area. We got to enjoy a multiple dolphin sighting as well. I thought someone had jumped the rail.. nope.. just a few dolphins hanging out having a big ole time. 



Do you see the dolphin?? Right side.. halfway down.. I promise it's a dolphin

Rainbow Row


Once we had walked our feet off we headed back to the hotel. I was still in a shopping mood.. Hubbs was not. He needed a football fix and a nap, so I dropped him off and headed to the Tanger Outlets. Victory!!! I scored some sweet deals, all of which have made debuts this week. 
We celebrated Saturday night with Birthday Dinner at High Cotton. This place was INCREDIBLE. The food was delicious and dessert was to. die. for.



 We attempted to walk off the meal afterwards and then called it a night. Sunday we headed across the bridge to Mt. Pleasant for a Farewell lunch at The Wreck..  it wasn't open. SAD DAY. We tried to go to the Boone Plantation.. didn't open until one. Bummer. I had gotten a HOT TIP that the Goodwill in Mt. Pleasant was a treasure hunt so we headed there.. I. Found. NOTHING. SUPER BUMMED. 




All in all though it was a great trip!! Points to the Hubbs for the idea. 
Our trip home wasn't as smooth as the trip there. A charter bus had caught fire and closed traffic down to one lane for about a 10 mile stretch. We didn't see any injuries when we got up to the scene so hopefully no one was. Here's a pic the traffic and my frustrations...

Blaahhhhh

about 10 miles of traffic
And here's Hubbs.. sleeping away.. in his Princess seat.


I had been driving for about 5 and half hours when I realized Hubbs hadn't offered up at all. When we crossed back into TN we stopped for gas and he said, "Hey, want me to finish it up"... Uhhhh... yes please, my butt is numb... so I traded places and became the co-pilot. I adjusted the pillow, buckled in and immediately realized why Hubbs had been so quite.. IT WAS THE MOST COMFORTABLE SEAT EVER !!!!

 After a little food, I was out like a light and we were back home before I knew it. 
Charleston was a delightful place. Highly recommend to any and everyone. Happy Birthday to me! Thanks Hubbs for a most wonderful trip!! You're the best husband I ever had !!

3 comments:

  1. Loved getting to hear about your trip in the last two posts!!! Sounds super fun and the food made me so hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Ya Sweetness!! Soooo excited for your BIG NEWS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!!! It's gonna get crazy up in the Ogle house!!!!

    ReplyDelete