Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursday

Source Joey via Pinterest

If this isn't the truth I don't know what it is. All Most all of my friends are married now. They've all taken the plunge and slowly but surely they are all getting knocked up pregnant. Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE babies. I will ask to hold a stranger's little bundle of joy without a second thought. I love baby-talking until they smile or burst into tears. I love the way they smell. I love everything about the little boogers. That being said, I have one major issue with all my friends having children. As soon as one person in the room finds out a fellow girlfriend is pregnant, they instinctively seek out the next married woman and ask, "When are you going to have kids??" or "Are you guys trying to have kids yet??" **Before I continue I will admit I am guilty of doing this**...That was until I got married. Once I crossed to the "other side" of the fence I realized a few things:

  1. It's actually pretty rude to ask someone about their sex life, even if you are doing it with a smile on your face and as innocently as possible. It's rude and kinda gross. 
  2. There are people out there who actually have a REALLY hard time getting pregnant, how do you think they feel when someone asks them that?.... Just a little salt in the wound.
  3. Some people don't want to have kids. At all. (Crazy I know, but whatever.) They probably get sick and freaking tired of explaining to you why they aren't interested in having children. Leave them alone. 
  4. It's a HUGE GINORMOUS decision to me made. And one not to be made on a whim because "everyone else is doing it". 
  5. For lack of a better phrase, "You can't put the crap back in the cow". Once that little fun sized mini human is here, it can't and won't go back to where it came from. Don't even try it. So if you don't like your new role, tough crap for you. You knew what you were doing. 

Every time someone asks me this now, I immediately choke back a rude and hateful reply, because hearing this question over and OVER and over and OVER again is now becoming like nails on a chalkboard. I smile and say.. "Eventually" or "Someday" instead. 
    My promise to all you Nosey Roseys Inquisitive Irene's is that you'll KNOW when I'm having a baby. I will blast it on my blog, my facebook, in a text, with a million phone calls and I'll be sporting a much bigger mid-section. So backer' down already.  








      6 comments:

      1. You were right on time with this one! Amen!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I'm glad you said "most" of your friends, and not "all your friends are married. But thanks for pointing this out. I've actually done this before.

        It's funny, I just never thought it was rude to ask about someone's sex life, I mean we've been blabbering about it for the last 8 years or so right?

        Love the blog honey, but we gotta do something about this font.... $)

        ReplyDelete
      3. This happened to be for 4 years!! For the longest time when people would ask me I would say "When Brad is old enough to be a daddy!" Usually that statement would shut them up.

        ReplyDelete
      4. Amen and amen and amen. Me and you, K, we're on the same page. I agree that it is VERY rude to ask someone if they are trying. Someone I had JUST met asked me that recently at my brother-in-law's wedding and I couldn't believe it. I did manage to choke back the "None of your business!" response though.

        Love you, sister!

        ReplyDelete
      5. thank you for representing those of us who actually had a hard time getting pregnant. Those were some of the most hurtful comments ever especially things like,- "Are you just going to wait around forever??"
        Shut. Up.

        love you, K.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Thanks for the support guys!! I'll be remembering that comment SaraJ! Hope Drew doesn't get his feelings hurt when I use it. Love each and every one of you! Except you Taylor.. you're a turd.

        ReplyDelete