Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Big Fat Anniversary

We celebrated our 1st Anniversary this weekend in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Since I just started a new job in March I don't have any vacation time built up yet. So we took a little quick trip east. We stayed a the Riverstone Resort & Spa. Highly recommend this place if you are going to be in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg!! It was quiet, spacious and offers everything!! 


We did the Forge and GBurg up right. We conquered every ride at Dollywood (no green faces) and managed to vist the Burg without walking away with any fudge, funnel cakes or airbrushed t-shirts. I was able to snap some shots before the trusty ole Nikon died. (I really need to be more "camera prepared")
Dolly's Tour Bus.. Can you say EXCITED ??


A love from the little girl days

Coolest Sign EVER!

Thinkin' Space

Yeah, I almost stole the wig

If you know me, you know I despise pickles, and that makes this picture even funnier.

Duh-Duh-Duh-Dollywood

First ride of the morning

Drew judging my decisions

He obviously didn't realize I was actually taking a picture

Blue Grass in Moonshine Holler

I miss me some East Tennessee

Kid in a Candy Shop ??



Free Samples 


Short pants, Big chair, Smile for the camera

1 Big Fat Year


Sidenote: We pitstopped in Turkey Creek on the way home and had a late lunch at Cru, if you haven't been there check it out. Great food. Great service. We'll definitely be visiting again!!

Also, in the food department, if anyone has a recipe for Calhoun's Rocky Top BBQ Potato Skins then please share. THANKS. I could have eaten my weight in them. DELICIOUS!!!!


We decided since we were taking a trip then we would forgo gifts. At least, that's what we said. Hahaha
The 1st Anniversary gift is paper, so after some researching I came up with this.

I printed it out with the help of the folks at Office Max and framed it. Now I'm searching for the perfect spot in the house to display it. 
Close your eyes little guy

Reading, obviously

Pretty impressed I think

Pretty Sexy PJ's right ?? Yeah, I know. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that print! And I love its shape! What are the dimensions of it...not that I'm going to copy your or anything ;)

    So glad y'all had a great anniversary trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had it printed off to fit an 11 3/4 x 32 I think. I got the frame at Hobby Lobby and hauled it into Office Max for them to measure for sure. Copy please!! I love it. The original version of it on ETSY is an actual wood plaque.

    ReplyDelete