Friday, February 10, 2012

BUMPdate: 18 Weeks, the Guessing Game

We are rolling right along through PreggoVille! Monday will be the BIG GENDER REVEAL!!
Here's a BUMPdate pic for inquiring minds! (Dear Brother, I know I promised no bathroom mirror pics, but this is one exception)
photo (5) photo (4)
Pregnancy Highlights: Nothing compares to heartbeats and ultrasounds, except feeling flutters. I'm pretty sure I have this week but I'm still waiting for the karate chop of confirmation.
How Far Along: 18 weeks on the nose
Size of baby: Sweet Potato, 5.6 in, 6.7 oz
What is baby up to: Squirt is becoming AMAZINGLY MOBILE. I don't feel it all the time, ??or maybe at all?? but he/she is passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing.
Total Weight Gained/Lost: According to the at-home scale, first thing in the morning, 7lbs gained
Maternity Clothes: I'm rocking the belly band(s) these days!
Gender: February 13th, EVERYONE is convinced we are having a girl. (with the exception of me and 2 others) I have a Vegas-bet definite BOY feeling.
Movement: Pretty sure this week I have felt some flutters. It never happens enough in one time span to be certain though.
Sleep: Week 17 has been miserable in the sleep department. I'm up about 4 hours after I've fallen asleep, and each hour after until the alarm sounds.
What I miss: Using multiple Diet Cokes as the solution to ANY problem
Cravings: Granny smith apples, cheese and pizza (from time to time) I still want sushi on a regular basis, don't worry it's cooked. Goat Cheese Pesto Dip from Crawdaddy's.. soooo delicious. (Yes, it's also safe.) Queso and salsa, Ice cold milk
Aversions: Smells still get me, Pickles are worse than ever and turtle necks or tight crew necks (I feel like I'm smothering). Sometimes the morning milk backfires on me. All these things bring sweat to my brow and toilets in my eye line.
Symptoms: Still have constant sinus congestion, headaches are still frequent and the lower back pain comes and goes. (I know, this is a joke now. Don't be a smarty pants) HORMONES, HORMONES, HORMONES. I'm an emotionally basket case sporadically throughout the day. Also, the eternal Eskimo I once was now has minor hot flashes.
Best Moment this week: Counting down the days until the BIG ULTRASOUND!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I haven't felt any flutters! EEEEK I can't wait to hear what it is. I just KNOW mine is a boy too. Next will be huge weeks for us preggos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to find out what you are having! :) I was feeling Parker for a while and didn't know it. It was actually a real uncomfortable feeling, ok still is at times, so I wasn't sure that was her and it was. But I started feeling the BIG kicks around 19 or 20 weeks. Travis actually felt her at 20 weeks as well. It was the night we found out she was a girl actually! :) She went wild that night!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I felt mine for the first time this week too, but I need more confirmation. Make the jump to maternity jeans...just do it- it is really the best thing since sliced bread.

    ReplyDelete