Friday, March 23, 2012

BUMPdate: 24 Weeks, I am Oprah

True story... Last night.. I was Oprah. Not only was I Oprah but I was filming a segment in a Paranormal Activity infested house. {Yes, I'm crazy} I had to do my own hair and own makeup. I slicked my hair back and had a choice of 2 wigs that I pulled from my backpack. Not a fancy backpack, just a run of the mill backpack. I put on layers (and layers and layers) of makeup. It was so funny. It was clay mud consistency and about as hard to maneuver. I survived the house but barely, and had to jump a barbed wire fence at the end to escape. I then road off into the sunset in my Mystery Machine look-a-like van. Thank you pregnancy hormones for this enlightening experience in dreamland. 

24 weeks !!! I knew my mother would appreciate me making this funny face picture public. HI MOM !!!

Pregnancy Highlights: I LOVE being pregnant! Seriously! Besides the occasional hormonal wave of emotion, it's the best I've ever felt!
How Far Along: 24 weeks on the nose
Size of baby: Grapefruit, 10.5-11.8 inches long, 12.7-20.8 oz.
What is baby up to: Tuck is developing pinker, more opaque skin. His eyes are completely formed, the air sacs in his lungs are beginning to form, and he has developed his own unique footprints and fingerprints!!
Gained/Lost: The at home scale, first of the morning weigh-in is 16(ish) lbs gained
Maternity Clothes: It's HOT in Cville!! I've been in (pre-pegnancy)dresses and jersey knits all week!
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: Mostly first thing in the morning, just after lunch, and at bed time.
Sleep: Hit and miss these days. Mostly good sleeps thought. (With super crazy dreams, ie. Oprah)
What I miss: Pencil skirts, sugar overdoses, non-sore feet after a day of heels, uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep
Cravings: All the usual suspects, new to the list: Cookies. Chocolate chip or Oreos. Must have milk available, and plenty of it !!! Hubbs mentioned Crab Legs yesterday and it was all I could think about until I had them in my possession. I managed to pack away 1 and 1/2 lbs. I couldn't tell if the waitress was amazed or disgusted. Whatevs. 
Aversions: Smells and slimy pickles.
Symptoms:  Lower back pain sucks, HORMONES, HORMONES, HORMONES. I'm an emotionally basket case sporadically throughout the day. HEARTBURN, Occasional leg cramps, a little growth in the upstairs department. (could also be the fact that I'm packing on lbs.,  HA)
Best Moment this week: Feeling what I believe to be was a foot pushing out. Sweetest thing ever. Also, laying in bed last night my stomach looked like a waterbed from all the movement. Hubbs and I were cracking up. Tuck was rehearsing his "Thriller" number for his debut into the world.


1 comment:

  1. Belly!!!!!!!!! Aunt Nessa looooooves it :)

    ReplyDelete