Thursday, December 22, 2011

Spreading the News..

When we were in Asheville for family Christmas we told my side of the family about our joyous news..
I picked up this nifty DIY Lottery ticket idea from (one guess) Pinterest. Thank You Pinterest. I will never have another original idea for the rest of my life... 
Here's a quick tute for the "Holiday Green" scratch offs:
 (hope you weren't too disappointed by the lack of dollar amount under your silver shavings family dear)

Start with your handy dandy word program.
Find a picture and ad whatever text you please.
I made my document 3 columns and had plenty. (how many pages will depend on the amount of tickets you plan to make)

I cut each one out and applied it to some heavy construction paper:

Then onto a festive cardstock for stability:

Cover the entire sheet in contact paper and trim out your cards:

Add the "scratch off" (my online guide suggested one part dish soap to 2 parts paint)
I used Dawn dish soap and Metallic Acrylic paint in silver.
Paint on a thin layer and allow to dry. 
Apply as many layers as it takes to cover the image:



Pass them out and watch the fun!!!


2 comments: