Friday, July 13, 2012

BUMPdate: 40 Weeks, Hanging in there like a Hair in a Biscuit


YES, I. AM. STILL. PREGNANT.
 If you want me to quickly walk away from a conversation we are involved in, ask me if I'm STILL pregnant while staring at my abundant uterus. Tucker's due date is TODAY!!! So yes, I am probably STILL pregnant, and..wait for it.... I will PROBABLY still be pregnant TOMORROW. (Knowledge Bomb- only 5% of women deliver on their actual due date)
 I have been very patient through these last few weeks. I have had what I would consider the WORLD'S EASIEST PREGNANCY. No joke, sorry to brag, but seriously... It's been awesome. The. Coolest. Thing. I. Have. Ever. Done.   Soooooooo, if Little T wants to cook a little longer, spend a little extra special time with momma, then I'm okay with it. I will not complain. I only get the chance to carry my first born ONE time. And I will carry him for as long as I am allowed. Because once he gets here I have to share. I'm not a good sharer. This I openly admit. :) 
I can't wait to see his face, smell his sweet skin and cover him in kisses. He has already changed my life forever and I know that the moment I lay eyes on him it will change all over again. But for now, I'm being patient. And daydreaming constantly about the moment HE is ready for the world. I already know the world THINKS it's ready for him. :) 
So don't expect to see me walking the neighborhood with a glass of castor oil OR hopping around in the full (or new) moon light OR eating spicy food that I already know will just give me heartburn OR participating in adult activities that you wouldn't see me participate in anyway (perverts). 
I'm teaching Tuck that patience is a virtue because it has taken 27 years and an unborn baby boy to teach me. 
A fun little peak at the antics that go on each week for these super glamorous photos 


Pregnancy Highlights: NO STRETCHMARKS (that any of YOU will ever be allowed to see)The rock is off but I can still wear my wedding band (sometimes). This makes me happy. Every day is one day closer and  my excitement level grows with each passing one. Not comparing my child to produce anymore because TheBump.com thinks everyone's child should be born by Week 40 and doesn't offer any more comparisons. 
How Far Along: 40 weeks, Today is Due Date but I don't FEEL like I'm having a baby today.
Size of baby:  JackFruit, whatever that is. He is the size of a newborn baby. He is around 18.9-20.9 inches long (pretty major range there) I'm gonna guess Tuck weighs about 7 and a half pounds now. Just a guess. 
What is baby up to:  He's flexing his limbs in preparation. It never stops. We may have a real wild child on our hands from the get go. I can't believe how active he still is. He is getting smarter by the week and his fingernails CAN extend past his fingers by now. I hope he doesn't decide to start using those to escape. Not cool.  
Gained/Lost: ??? I forgot to look ???
Maternity Clothes: Almost Exclusively. You will be seeing  A LOT of repeat outfits the longer this child incubates.
Gender: BOY!! Tucker Andrew Edgington
Movement: He moves ALL THE TIME
Sleep:  I wake up every 2 hours almost exactly to use the restroom. I can only sleep on my side with something wedged between my knees and slightly under my expanding mid section. I miss cuddling my husband. 
What I miss:  Good sleep, Relief from air conditioning and painting my own toes when need be. Dressing in super cute little dresses. Trust me, you don't want me to try that right now.  Being the BIG spoon or little spoon with the Hubbs.  
Cravings: Water. Water. Water. Oreos (double stuffed) and Milk, again. 
Aversions: Just the "Are you STILL pregnant" question
Symptoms:  Heartburn, Back and hip pain.  Swollen ankles and feet come and go. My watermelon belly is HEAVY !!!! TMI WARNING****** I have lost my mucus plug. For those of you that didn't get to experience this little practical joke of Mother Nature's you REALLY missed out. It's the most disgusting/weird/surprising pile of goo ever. Again, you're welcome. 
Best Moment this week:  Cramming in as many date nights with the Hubbs as possible !!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Kori, I love it! I'm so excited for you! You're going to love this new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have done without the mucous plug info...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I lost the plug too and yes... it is interesting! Hang in there lady! He'll be here before you know it and you will be so in love and so worn out at the same time!

    ReplyDelete